Tuesday, March 10, 2009

>>GMO<<


"A genetically modified organism (GMO) or genetically engineered organism (GEO) is an organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques"- source Wikipedia.
Some people are terrified of GMOs and some are curious, as usual some have no opinion. I personally worked with GMOs during my studies. One thing is certain. This type of technology can only be used by responsible people, and I'm not sure if the average human is ready for it. Do we want it or not, GMOs are here and most of us probably have had contact with them, likely without even realizing it.
Though my depiction of GMO might look a bit scary :) I say do not be afraid! If used with caution they can do no harm.

For more information about GMO: http://www.gmo-compass.org/eng/home/


No comments:

Post a Comment